Making Changes to Your Child Support

Child Support Agreement

Failure to Pay Child Support Could Result In You Needing a Bail Bond Agent.

When two parents get a divorce, determine child support and custody is part of the divorce proceedings in many states. This is to determine how the child will be taken care of after the separation, and usually involves one parent receiving primary custody and the other paying support. If the non-custodial parent to make the payment, it can result in incarceration. If you find yourself in a situation needing bail money after being arrested for not paying child support, Thunder Bail Bonds is here to help. We can help you get out of jail fast so you can start getting back on your feet.

Can You Get Child Support Modified?

In certain cases, the court may grant a change or modification in support payments. These modifications can be requested by both the custodial and the non-custodial parent. Here are the most common reasons a child support modification is approved.

Increasing Needs of the Child
The needs of the child may change over time. If the child needs braces or an expensive medical procedure, the custodial parent can put in a request to increase the support payment.

Loss or Decrease in Income
If the parent paying support has a sudden negative change in income, they can put in a request for a temporary change in payments.

Increase in Responsibilities
If the parent paying support has remarried and now has children from that marriage to care for, he can ask for a lower child support payment to be able to take care of his new family.

If you have been unable to make your child support payment and need assistance getting out of jail in , OK, contact the bail bondsman at Thunder Bail Bonds by calling (405) 235-0002.